Harry Chapin Humanitarian Award for Community Service
The Harry Chapin Humanitarian Award for Community Service is one of many humanitarian awards that have been named in honor of Harry Chapin. The award is to local business and community leaders by the Long Island Association (LIA). The LIA’s mission is to advocate for the region’s business community.
Past recipients (partial list)
- 2010 - Jay H. Bernstein. Chairman, CEO & President, NIC Holding Corporation
- 2009 - John R. Durso, president of Local 338, RWDSU/UFCW and president of the Long Island Federation of Labor.
- 2008 - Elena M. Perez (posthumously) Bank of America   and * Frank Bolton, LI Ducks  
- 2006 - Irving Klein, Retired CEO, Kaufman Enterprises  
- 2005 - Marty Lyons, The Marty Lyons Foundation  
- 2004 - Joseph Mancino, Roslyn Savings Bank  
- 2000 - Rabbi Marc Gellman,senior rabbi of Temple Beth Torah 
- 2003 - Donald E. Axinn, Donald E. Axinn Companies  
- 1998 - Geri Barish, Dr. Virginia Maurer, and Carol Baldwin, breast cancer activists   
- John T. Fagan, Catholic Priest 
- Clark Gillies, The Clark Gillies Foundation 
- Before 2000 - Alan King, philanthropist