|List of years|
|1969 1970 1971 - 1972 - 1973 1974 1975|
Harry Chapin released his first two albums. Heads and Tales is released in the spring and is followed with a live performances and appearances on numerous TV programs. Sniper and Other Love Songs is released later in the year. Taxi hits the charts and Harry becomes a crowd favorite in his live performances. Harry receives first of his two Grammy nominations for Best New Artist.
Day by Day
- 17 - 30 - Harry opens for comedian David Steinberg at Mr. Kelly's in Chicago. While the Chicago Tribune panned Steinberg's performance, Chapin got a great review.
- 25 - Rolling Stone negatively reviews Heads and Tales.
- 30 - Harry plays first of three days at Bananafish Park in Brooklyn, NY. Each day featured two concerts.
Harry performed at My Father's Place in Roslyn, New York in early June.
- 19 - Harry performs Taxi and Could You Put Your Light On, Please on American Bandstand.
- 19 - Harry performs Taxi on the pilot episode of the TV show The Midnight Special.
- 11 - Interview of Harry appears in UK-based Disc magazine.
- 13 - Harry performs Greyhound on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
- 15 - Harry and Sandy's son, Josh Chapin, is born.
- 25 - Sounds (magazine) - Jerry Gilbert interviews Harry Chapin over breakfast. "Chapin has an alarmingly strong personality and comes on like a politician with positive views on all manner of affairs" 
Spec magazine interviews Harry.