Short Stories (album)
From The Harry Chapin Wiki
- "They Call Her Easy" - 4:03
- "Mr. Tanner" - 5:08
- "Mail Order Annie" - 4:52
- "There's a Lot of Lonely People Tonight" - 3:39
- "Old College Avenue" - 4:25
- Harry Chapin, singer and acoustic guitar
- Ron Palmer, lead guitar
- Michael Masters, cello
- John Wallace, bass, high harmony vocals
- Buddy Salzman - drums
- Bobby Carlin - drums
- Jim Chapin - drums
- Dave Armstrong - harmonica on "Mail Order Annie"
- Jeanne French - background vocals
- Tomi Lee Bradley - background vocals
- Rob White - background vocals
- Jeb Hart - background vocals
- Irving Spice and friends - orchestra
- Harold Keinz - flute, oboe, piccolo and English horn
- Paul Leka - producer and arranger (2002 CD liner notes incorrectly mention Paul Leska)
- Fred Kewley - manager
- Billy Rose II - engineering
- Stan Agol - engineering
- Rob White - cover drawing
- Robert L. Heimall - art direction and design
Additional technical credits on 2002 CD rerelease
- Mark Pinkus - reissue assistance
- Craig DeGraff - reissue assistance
- Bob Fisher - remastering
- Allen Steelgrave - remastering
- Rolling Stone - Paul Gambaccini writes "...He tackles subjects too weighty for the common pop balladeer...".
- Billboard - "Get out your hankie... his penchant for creating lengthy word pictures, of people and situations which are gray and raw edged..."
- Christgau's Record Guide (1981) - "...Harry had a problem. He wanted to write a song about a DJ, kind of a follow-up to "Taxi," just to prove it wasn't a fluke... D+."
|United States||December 1973||Elektra||LP||EKS-75065|
|United States||September 17, 2002||Flashback||CD||R2-76106|
|United States||February 8, 2005||Elektra||Digital|
- ↑ Gambaccini, Paul (February 14, 1974). "Album Reviews: Short Stories". Rolling Stone (154). Archived from the original on 2005. Retrieved 2010-06-13 .