Cotton Patch Gospel (album)
Cotton Patch Gospel is cast album release of the 1981 musical play about the life of Jesus Christ. Harry Chapin was the composer and lyricist for the play. The play is based on Clarence Jordan's book "The Cotton Patch Version of Matthew and John". While completed the music in his life time, Chapin did not live to see it's first performance. After Harry's death, brother Tom took over the role of musical director and the play premiered in fall of 1981.
This recording was finally released on CD on the Chapin Family's label Harry Chapin Music in 2011.
- "Something's Brewing in Gainesville"
- "I Did It/Mama Is Here"
- "It Isn't Easy"
- "Sho Nuff"
- "Turn It Around"
- "When I Look Up"
- "Busy Signals"
- "Going to Atlanta"
- "Are We Ready?" - listed as "Are We Ready, Yet" on the CD release.
- "You are Still My Boy"
- "We Gotta Get Organized"
- "We're Gonna Love It While It Lasts"
- "The Last Supper'
- "Thank God for Governor Pilate"
- "One More Tomorrow"
- "Well I Wonder"
- Philip M. Getter - producer
- Louis F. Burke - associate producer
- Harry Chapin - music and lyrics
- Tom Chapin - musical director/arranger
- Based on the Book: "The Cotton Patch Version of Matthew and John" by Clarence Jordan
- Russell Treyz - director
- Keith Walsh - recording and mixing
- David Gahr - photography (vinyl album and cassette only)
Additional CD credits:
- John Guth - remastering
- Jim Lennon - cover photo illustration
- John McMenamin - Artwork
- Pegge Strella - Production
|United States||1982||Chapin Productions||LP||CP 101|
|2011||Harry Chapin Music||CD||HCM-10|